Our hands-on workshops are a must for all who want to learn how to teach using the Direct Instruction approach.
Direct Instruction Training
Taught by Johanna Preston, Ma.Ed., OCT, certified Direct Instruction teachers and trainers, our workshops can be held at the location of your choice. Each one-day program covers Direct Instruction strategies such as placement, lesson presentation, formats and error correction procedures, to ensure a high level of student engagement. Participants will not only learn presentation techniques but will also practice them.
ALA Inc. offers the following Direct Instruction workshops:
- Teaching Corrective Reading: Decoding & Comprehension
- Teaching Reading Mastery K and 1
- Teaching Reading Mastery Levels 3-6
- Teaching Language for Learning
- Teaching Spelling Mastery
- Teaching Reasoning & Writing
- Teaching Connecting Math Concepts
Included in the price of each Direct Instruction workshop is a Teacher's Guide and training handout for each participant. Programs are purchased separately through McGraw Hill Ryerson. We run regular small-group workshops at our offices and are available to do larger workshops at your school or school board. Contact us for a quote.